It's time to put them both together for the perfect summer beverage!
This delightfully refreshing strawberry lemonade is so easy you'll never buy the powdered mix again.
• 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, stems removed
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 4 1/2 or 5 cups water, divided
• 1 1/2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
1. Puree strawberries using a blender or food processor. (Strain the puree through a fine-mesh sieve if you don't want seeds in your lemonade.)
2. Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar and 2 cups of water.
3. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
4. Strain the lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart pitcher. Add simple syrup and strawberry puree and stir to combine. Refrigerate until cold.
5. Add 2 1/2 cups of cold water and stir. Taste, and add more water if it's too sweet.
6. Serve over ice and enjoy!
Recipe by Lauren Allen of Tastes Better from Scratch